Are you feeling stressed by circumstances in your life? Longing for greater well-being, balance, and enjoyment? Why not enrich your life by making a commitment to MBSR?
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is a transformative 8-week course that offers powerful methods for improving vitality and strengthening our ability to manage stress and chronic pain. A renowned and evidence-based, experiential program, MBSR is set in a supportive environment that includes guided instruction in mindfulness practices, group learning and discussions, and home assignments designed to help participants integrate mindfulness into their lives. MBSR has nearly 40 years of scientific evidence supporting wide-ranging benefits.
HERNDON SCHEDULE: Monday evenings
- FREE Orientation, 7:00 - 8:30 PM: TUESDAY, 1/16/18 (Monday is a holiday)
- 8 Weekly Classes, 7:00 - 9:30 PM: 1/22, 1/29, 2/12, 2/19, 2/26, 3/5, 3/12, and 3/19 (Note: There will be NO class on 2/5; 4/2 will be used as a make-up date in the event of snow)
- All day retreat, 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM: Saturday, 3/17/18
- Course Location: Health Advantage Yoga, 1041 Sterling Rd., Herndon, VA
- Retreat Location: Reston Assoc. Conference Center, 12001 Sunrise Valley Dr., Reston, VA
- Tuition: $490 includes all course materials and nearly 30 hours of class time.
- For more information on the course, see the attached flyer; for MBSR history, click here.
To register, please send us an email.
Please note that this is the FULL, in-depth MBSR course (not an abbreviated version), facilitated by an experienced, Qualified MBSR Teacher who is trained by the Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center (which is the founding organization that trains and qualifies MBSR teachers).